Wednesday, May 30, 2018

"Disappearing" Tommy Robinson



The UK government made a big mistake arresting Tommy Robinson over the weekend, then made it far worse by immediately ordering a media blackout. Within hours of his arrest, Robinson was sentenced to thirteen months in jail. That could well be a death sentence because Muslim inmates have threatened to kill him. They beat him within an inch of his life when he was serving an earlier sentence. Other Muslims have threatened to kill his family as well.


Robinson was arrested outside a British court for reporting on the trial of Muslim men for molesting hundreds of young girls. It’s a story mainstream media refused to cover for more than a decade until two women: Professor Alexis Jay and Dame Louise Casey investigated and reported on what the Yorkshire Post described as:

“[a] sexual exploitation scandal in which an estimated 1,400 victims were abused over a 16-year period in the town — largely by men of a Pakistani-heritage background… and the blatant failures by senior figures at Rotherham Council over the town’s child abuse scandal — and alleged attempts to cover up what was happening.”


Evidently social workers, police, and the highest officials in local Rotherham government chose not only to avert their eyes, but hide it all. Media cooperated by ignoring the story. Rotherham is only one example of what is happening across the UK and much of Europe as millions of Arab and African Muslims flood into EU countries. Rapes have skyrocketed, but EU governments continue to do what Rotherham officials have done: pretend it’s not happening, and when it is reported, cover up who the rapists are.
 
How could such a thing go on in Rotherham for so long? When asked why they refused to act, officials there said that, because of who the molesters were, they were afraid of being called “racist” if they brought attention to it. But people who live in working-class neighborhoods, however, knew what was going on. They also knew government and media were denying the problem and still are. How do they feel about it? To borrow a chant from an old movie, many are shouting: “I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

One of them is Tommy Robinson who grew up in working-class Luton, an industrial town of 167,000 people with a large Muslim population. He’s been arrested and imprisoned numerous times for protesting radical Islam in the UK. Robinson isn’t afraid of being called “racist.” He knows the charge is ludicrous and has developed an immunity. So have other working class Europeans across the continent. Only elite, multicultural Euroweenies fear the word now. Radical Muslim sex traffickers hide behind it.

New Hampshire’s Mark Steyn, who published two books on the Islamization of Europe which were best sellers across the English-speaking world, describes the situation

“On Friday, Robinson was live-streaming (from his telephone) outside Leeds Crown Court where last week's Grooming Gang of the Week were on trial for ‘grooming' — the useless euphemism for industrial-scale child gang rape and sex slavery by large numbers of Muslim men with the active connivance of every organ of the state: social workers, police, politicians. Oh, and also the media.”


Steyn calls the proceedings in Leeds a “Grooming Gang of the Week” trial because there were several such sex slavery rings operating with impunity around the UK until Professor Alexis Jay and Dame Louise Casey exposed the coverup in Rotherham. Now the British government is trying to silence Robinson for covering trials using streaming video on his iPhone, but it’s already backfiring. On Tuesday, the Drudge Report published a link to a zerohedge.com story: “Britons Rage Over Robinson Arrest As Mass Protests Break Out Worldwide.”


European government and media elites are learning that they cannot brush off ordinary citizens as the equivalent of Hillary’s “Deplorables” or Obama’s “Bitter Clingers.” They’ll continue to do so at their peril because muzzling free speech, jailing dissidents for “hate speech” and “breach of the peace” aren’t working. Such practices only shine a brighter light on results of failed, multicultural, European immigration policies.


Our founding fathers understood that one of the functions of our First Amendment right to freedom of speech is that of a safety valve. As people express dissatisfaction with government, debate ensues. There’s discussion. Policy changes can be proposed. That’s how democracy is supposed to work. Closing off public anger entirely the way multicultural elites have in the UK is dangerous.


Robinson never claimed all Muslim men are rapists. Neither did Donald Trump claim that all Mexican illegals were rapists, but media continue to claim they did. Trump would not be silenced and gained the White House. Neither will Robinson, but now he’s in danger of being killed by Muslim gangs in prison. If that happens, expect hell to break loose across Europe.

51 comments:

Anonymous said...

And "unexpectedly", the term vigilante popped into frequent usage.
Nobody saw it coming...
CaptDMO

Charles Martel said...

It's likely the OIC is influencing the EU elites on this matter. Blasphemy of Allah, Muhammad, or Islam is a crime EVEN IF TRUE. See these references:

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/insulters-islam.aspx

Brian said...

What happened in Rotterham is appalling. Anytime sexual assault is being ignored and not dealt with severely, it is a travesty of justice.... whether it be committed by Pakistanians in the UK or by a rich businessman who ends up in the White House.

Anonymous said...

The media says that Trump called all Mexicans rapists? Can you give me an example of this, or should I assume that is just what your bubble believes despite evidence?

Anonymous said...

Tommy Robinson isn't afraid of being called a racist? Neither is David Duke.

Tom McLaughlin said...

Why should anyone care what an anonymous person assumes? Why can you not summon the courage to be whoever you are? Coward.

Anonymous said...

Ah, so in other words you have no evidence. SOP for the alt-right.

Anonymous said...

I wonder why Tom never calls out insults, or says who cares about their opinions, to the anons that agree with him. Hypocricy....SOP for the alt-right.

Anonymous said...

I have seen loads and loads of hypocricy coming from Tom's columns over the years, but the picture at the bottom of this one touting "Truth" as a revolutionary act is by far the biggest. I mean coming from a Trump supporter?!? Really???? Does Tom have a different definition of "truth"? I know he has an alternate reality, one dictated to him by the Elite powers that be - Fox News and the White House.

It truly would be revolutionary if Trump started telling the truth.

Anonymous said...

16 years of covering up these rapes? Awful, but no where near the levels of the Catholic church.

Anonymous said...

Tommy Robinson Tweet: What do you call a Pakastani that dont smell. #asif

Nah, the dude's not a racist, he just talks like one.

Anonymous said...

And just to clear up reality - you don't get any more mainstream than Fox News, the ultimate rich and powerful elitists.

Tom McLaughlin said...

I may prohibit all anonymous posts. Why should I give space to cowards?

Jared said...

Anonymous is a pitiful excuse for an American or simple human being for that matter. He is best ignored, like the imbecile he is. As Tom said, you're a coward, and as a Navy Viet Nam vet, I'd like to set you straight...can't happen. One needs a measurable IQ to learn things as easy to understand as "truth". Night-night, low life.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Captain Obvious said...

You should ban all anonymous posters. I'm sure that will stop them from commenting.

Fred said...

Alright then, maybe now you can strap on a pair and try responding to what is said rather than the name of the person who said it!

Why haven't I seen you post any images of posters saying:

CHRISTIANITY - The rape of thousands of of working-class schoolboys is a small price to pay!

It would go along well with the sentiment expressed with your MULTICULTURALISM image, no?

Fred said...

Ooops, I forgot to say "white" schoolboys, like with the multiculturalism image. Because who cares what happens to the others, right?

Montedoro44 said...

It is essential to drill home the difference between race (a biological attribute) and adherence to a belief system (a choice, even if the adherent is under pressure to adhere). Any informed discussion about the behaviors of Muslims -- behaviors based on the Koran or Mohammed -- has to start with the understanding that Islam is a belief system, not a race, or the discussion is doomed from the start.

As for the concept of behaviors of Muslims based on the Koran or Mohammed, since Islam is regarded by pious Muslims as a complete way of life, presumably all of their behaviors are so based. Enslavement of infidels has divine sanction, so the Pakistani rapers can make a reasonable argument that they are following Allah's deen. We -- infidels, I hope, but also including embarrassed Muslims -- may not like it, but their case seems solid. By that logic, Muslims who frown on rape gangs are not better Muslims, but Westernized Muslims, those who have lost their way. Muslim Brotherhood theorists address this, as does Boko Haram and others.

As for non-Muslim rapists, rape gangs, of course they exist. But they don't have divine sanction, and that's an important distinction. Catholic clerics, e.g., who bugger children cannot point to Jesus in their defense. I have read of at least one court case, maybe in Sweden?, where the judge let a Muslim rapist go on the basis that "he didn't know that he was doing anything wrong". That is an admission by the judge that Muslim culture sanctions and teaches such behavior, and is also an act of submission to it in the context of Western law, with which it is incompatible. This is for sure, a real product of multiculturalism, and speaks to the price we pay for it.

We are still in the early stages of the transition. Without in-your-face roughnecks like Tommy Robinson, Pamela Geller and Donald Trump, well-educated speakers like Robert Spencer and Christopher Hitchens (R.I.P.), and dismissed-as-far-right-bigot-Islamophobe-racist-hater lawmakers like Geert Wilders, Marine Le Pen and Viktor Orban, we -- the next generation -- might all the easier slide down into acceptance of a complete system for life that of necessity has to extinguish civilization as we know and appreciate it.


CaptDMO said...

"Captain Obvious said...
You should ban all anonymous posters. I'm sure that will stop them from commenting.
AOL IM no longer works for me.
No longer have that gobbledy gook header to use.
I simply don't "Do" Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. (I do use Discus)
My only current option is "anon"
I put my Social Pseudonym/Pen Name/Stage Name/nom de guerre on everything I submit.
I've only had/used ONE "Safety Net" name for the last 20 years or so.
CaptDMO

CaptDMO said...

ooooo.....THAT kinda' worked!
Guess I no longer need the anon "function".

Tom McLaughlin said...

Very well said, Montedoro. I agree completely.

CaptDMO is welcome, even if I don't know who you really are. As long as you keep the same pseudonym you'll always be welcome. For that matter, I don't know who Montedoro is either, but I recognize a consistent style of thinking and writing.

Fred said...

So Montedoro, what exact part of the Koran lets Muslims know it is ok to bugger children?

Fred said...

From "The Guardian" on Tommy Robinson, etal

He is no martyr to freedom of speech, just a career criminal with a history of mortgage fraud, football hooliganism and assault whose craving for publicity put a critical court case at risk.

And here is the wider point: the obsessive tactical misuse of “free speech” by an ascendant far right. Roseanne Barr, a once celebrated US comedian, has had her primetime ABC show dropped because of a gratuitously racist tweet. “Alt-right” campaigners abound on social media screeching about yet another assault on freedom. But Barr remains entitled to spray her bigotry across social media, and to keep retweeting self-pitying justifications for her behaviour, and ABC is entitled not to give her a show. US far-right types such as Richard Spencer hold “free speech rallies”, while Yaxley-Lennon held a “day for freedom” in Britain. When Katie Hopkins was fired by a leading radio station, her far-right supporters again construed it as an attack on free speech.

There is a chasm separating the right to free speech and the privilege of being given a platform to make your views known. No one has a right to a platform. If I offer you a megaphone, and then take it back off you, you can continue to say what you like, just not with my megaphone. The vast majority of people do not have regular TV slots, or newspaper columns, or radio shows – that does not mean their freedom of speech is under assault.

If student unions refuse to provide a platform to those they deem bigots, that is not an attack on freedom of speech. They are simply telling the bigots: you may have the legal right to say things we find offensive or even disgraceful, but that does not mean we are compelled to provide you with the advantage of amplifying such bigotry to our audience. It is striking that when the bigotry of a far-right figure is verbally challenged, their apologists will screech that freedom of speech is under attack. For the far right, “freedom of speech” means “the right to say hateful things without being challenged”.
The far right has always embraced the discourse of victimhood and persecution. Freedom of speech is precious indeed. Just don’t be deceived by a resurgent far right for which it is a rhetorical device to attack democracy, and nothing more.

Fred said...

And Tom, since you agree completely with Montedoro, you must be able to answer the question:

What is the exact part of the Koran that lets Muslims know it is ok to bugger children?

You no longer have the cowardly anon excuse. Your only excuse now would involve your manhood.

Montedoro44 said...

Fred, sura 65:4 and 33:49 appear to be the basis for marriage with, and divorce of premenarcheal girls. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skltEQguA1A

for analysis that includes opinions from the tafsirs and other Muslim scholarship. Now, I used the word "bugger" -- maybe that's too colloquial. The Koran makes permissible marriage (and consummation) with young girls; combine that with allowing, favoring her parents forcing her in into marriage, so that she is forced to have sex against her will -- in Westspeak, we call that rape, child rape. You can find Muslim sources that explain that this setup is beneficial, including for the girl, certainly for the ummah.

Presumably, the Koran and hadiths refer to Muslim girls here. The Brit "grooming" gangs are preying upon infidel girls, and the rules for what is permissible with them are different and even more antithetical to Western values, not the least because they are based on slavehood.

BTW, I find that searching with Google lately does not generally turn up as much Muslim-source opinion on subjects that make Islamic doctrines appear to be antithetical to Western values. It looks like Google wants to guide our searches to comfortable multicultural types of source materials. It used to be easier to find these sources.

In any case, if you research these subjects you will find lots of apologetics and denials among other opinions on the subject. You may align yourself with the opinions that you prefer to believe and reject the others, but it doesn't matter what you or I choose to believe is the real actual Truth. The facts are that Muslims are motivated by these verses and other traditional Islamic materials to behave accordingly, sharia courts uphold (or minimally punish) such behaviors, imams do not speak against them (no, not "all" maybe), and it is not up to us infidels to determine that these Muslims misunderstand their religion, but that we do.






Montedoro44 said...

X-post, Fred. Your insulting tone to Tom now makes it seem like serious discussion with you is a waste of time. Why not apologize to Tom and get on with studying more? Why did you ask me to do the research that you can do all by yourself? Rhetorical question, I guess.

Fred said...

Well Monty, that video didn't seem to condone the raping of children. Certainly not more than:

"But all the female children that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.” from the Bible.


Face it, both the Koran and the Bible are ridiculous. If you took all the horrid violence from the Old Testament and used it to claim Christianity condones these things, would that be ok?

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again."
Exodus 21: 7-8

So the bible condones selling your daughter as a slave?

I could go on and on about what the Bible condones, but this is silly.

Fred said...

In Islam, human sexuality is governed by God's law. Accordingly, sexual violation is regarded as a violation of moral and divine law.[1] Islam divided claims of sexual violation into 'divine rights' (huquq Allah) and 'interpersonal rights' (huquq al-'ibad): the former requiring divine punishment (hadd penalties) and the latter belonging to the more flexible human realm.[2]

Rape is considered a serious sexual crime in Islam. Classical Islamic law (Shari'a) regarded the crime of sexual violation as a coercive zina, and therefore a hadd offence.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Islamic_law

Time Magazine said...

Islamophobia is like racism not because Islam is a race, but because, for the Islamophobe, “Islam” plays the same role “race” did for racists. It’s all about broad, sweeping, malicious judgments. Has any other demographic had to suffer the indignity of being declared insufficiently loyal to be President, or hear proposals to be banned from the country? When Trump and Cruz argue over who will impose more war crimes, do you think they mean to waterboard Dylann Storm Roof, or kill his family members?

When we continue to conflate mainstream Islam with radicals, vastly exaggerating the threat we face, we make it harder to make good choices. All of the things our global peers are preparing for–climate change, for example—go by the wayside. While it might be important to tackle income inequality, crumbling infrastructure, student debt, childhood poverty, systemic and structural racism, the idea that our greatest threat is Islamic extremism, and that Muslims everywhere are all potential or possible terrorists, makes it harder to address these problems. Though Trump now questions the Iraq war, he continues to indulge in the kind of language that enabled the Iraq war.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fred said...

I agree (with the anon that Tom hypocritically chose not to delete)! Like I do about all religions. So let's be fair:

“Faith: the purposeful suspension of critical thinking,” - Maher

Montedoro44 said...

Quoting Robert Spencer:

Sexual assault occurs in all cultures, but only in Islam does it have divine sanction.

One survivor of a Muslim rape gang in the UK said that her rapists would quote Quran to her, and believed their actions justified by Islam.

The Qur’an teaches that Infidel women can be lawfully taken for sexual use (cf. its allowance for a man to take “captives of the right hand,” 4:3, 4:24, 23:1-6, 33:50, 70:30). The Qur’an says: “O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.” (33:59) The implication there is that if women do not cover themselves adequately with their outer garments, they may be abused, and that such abuse would be justified.

Fred and others, such belief that permits one to rape infidels is all too common in many Muslim communities, even if many members of those communities do not commit rape. There is not much point to arguing here that such Muslim rapists got it all wrong, that they misunderstand their religion. It doesn't matter what you or I believe about rape being supported by the tenets of Islam. It doesn't matter if within these communities there are some moral (by Western standards) Muslims who would never do such a thing and who abhor that some Muslims do this. These peaceful Muslims are not better Muslims than the rapists -- they can as well be viewed as less pious Muslims -- a strong case can be made, and is made by fundamentalist Muslims, that the peaceful Muslims have strayed, they are worse Muslims, or worse, that they are not Muslims. And if these Muslims are not Muslims, then they are apostate, and it is right to kill them.

Replying to information that shows that the tenets of Islam contain much that is antithetical to Western values, much that is dangerous to Western civilization, by displaying a vile verse from the bible is not a strong rebuttal. It's the opposite, since you are saying that Christianity ALSO has vile verses. But Christians and Jews don't behave like these Muslim rapists -- the few perverts, like the Catholic priests that bugger children, eventually get found out, reviled and removed. Catholic child rapists are distanced from Catholicism and Jesus -- they are sinning; they don't claim that they are acting in the name of God. It's the opposite for Muslim rapists. How can this be explained? Why not look into it.

Per Richard Dawkins: All religions are bad, but they are not all equally bad.

Fred said...

I have yet to see any evidence of rape having divine sanction from the Koran. You cite a Koran passage claiming it has "implications", the same as I did with the Bible. Ad it can be just as easily argued that Christians not following literally all the horrendous passages of the Bible are not true Christians. The bible also condones the killing of non-believers, as in Deuteronomy 17 for one.

You say that the Catholic priests eventually get found out and removed. C'mon now, you know that this rape culture in the church was known at high levels and NOTHING was done about it other than to move priests around to rape some fresh children. Some would say that the protection these Priests received from the church was divine sanction. It took massive evidence and a ridiculous amount of rape before the church was forced to act.

Trying to claim that only Muslims do terrible things in the name of their religion is ludicrous. Christians murder doctors who perform abortions, commit awful hate crimes, acts of terror, etc, and often claim they were acting in the name of God.

But it seems we may agree that all religions are bad, so maybe we are not so far apart in the grand scheme of things. Arguing that one is worse than the other seems to be like arguing over what is worse for your heart, hot dogs or soda.

Montedoro44 said...

Fred, again -- it doesn't matter what we think about the true meaning of Koran verses, hadiths, sayings and behaviors of Mohammed; what matters is how Muslims behave, being motivated by all of these original sources and consequent scholarship.

Your "hot dogs or soda." figure is cute, but not an argument. I could respond "hot dogs or cyanide" etc., but here is an apter, non-metaphorical comparison:

Islam is just another religion, like Nazism is just another political philosophy.

Of course this is an uncomfortable comparison, but if you study the sources and commentaries by Muslim spiritual leaders and scholars, you will find much to confirm it, even going so far as open statements of admiration for the 3rd Reich, and you will be able to explain past and current behaviors that we in the West find repugnant -- not only the prescribed treatment of infidels, but accepted & obligatory behaviors within the ummah, like honor killings, death sentence for apostasy, stoning for various infractions, amputations, child marriage, FGM, etc.

It is this larger picture that Tommy Robinson and others are drawing attention to, how the tenets of Islam are affecting the West due to increasing population shift and acquiescence, in part due to hot dogs v. soda mentality.

Check out this article at Gatestone Institute:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12428/british-justice-poppycock

Your browser might have a "reader view" that will zap all the advertising.

Fred said...

Christianity is just another religion, like is just another political philosophy.

As much as I think that the world would be better with no religions, that statement is stupid (and not cute) either way.

We know we disagree with each other, so maybe it is just best to leave it at that. The Anti-Muslim Right-Wing propaganda machine is doing a fantastic job.

Fred said...

I guess I subconciously left out the goofy use of the word "nazism"

As you should have.

Anonymous said...

Religion and sexual assault are closely related. The number one warning warning sign that there might be sexual abuse in a family is if there is substance abuse in the family. The number two warning sign is that the family is very religious.

Google the words "Youth Pastor arrested" and you will get tens of thousands of cases. Now in many of these cases, the reason is that a criminal chose the profession because it gave them access to victims.

But in many other cases, it is because religions like Christianity and Islam preach that women are second class people put on the Earth to serve men. There is no commandment Thou shalt not rape. The punishment in the bible is a small fine, if they don't stone both of them to death for adultery.

I'm not surprised if the incident of sexual abuse goes up in an area where a lot of fundamentalist followers of Islam live. The same thing happens in areas where fundamentalist followers of Christianity live.

The problem is not Islam. The problem is fundamentalism of any kind.

Scenario

Montedoro44 said...

Anonymous, your informational post is appreciated.

Your focus on root causes of sexual assault may well be accurate, but it isn't on point. The sexual assault problem that turned up in England recently is that the police and all other civic authorities covered up the assaults for decades in the cases where the gangs were Muslims. If there were coverups for other instances -- not-Muslim-perpetrated -- of individual or gang rapes, drugging and forcing into prostitution of young girls, they have afaik not hit the news. The focus of the problem is Britain's systemic acquiescence to Muslim-perpetrated atrocities, of which the rape-prostitution gangs are only one. This is what launches characters like Tommy Robinson.

Other outcroppings of Brit acquiescence to Muslim supremacy and bigotry include rallies where are displayed signs like

GOD BLESS HITLER
BE PREPARED FOR THE REAL HOLOCAUST
BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM
FREEDOM GO TO HELL
ISLAM WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD
FOR WORLD PEACE ISRAEL MUST BE DESTROYED
BUTCHER THOSE WHO MOCK ISLAM
EUROPE YOU WILL PAY YOUR 9/11 IS ON ITS WAY

etc. Such unquestionable hate speech is allowed, while voices who bring attention to it are quashed. Yes, I have seen the video featuring Brit Muslims interviewed on the street who oppose these sentiments. More power to them, but they haven't got any, and it isn't likely that they will.

There are also these problems that are afaik not addressed or sufficiently addressed:

> attempts to enforce sharia by Muslim thugs policing neighborhoods

> open calls for sharia replacing constitutional law

> police being chased down the street by Muslim mob

> preventing people like Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller from entering the country, while allowing entry to hate-spewing Muslim clerics

> violent and/or hateful-toward-non-Muslims teaching in mosques -- some have been recorded by hidden camera. You have to wonder -- the news comes out by hidden camera, not by the congregation going to the police to rat on their imam. That implicates the community.

In short, TR and others are watching England gradually succumb to an imperialist supremacist totalitarian ideology that is not only self-sustaining, but is strengthened by mass immigration of like-minded believers and silent or powerless followers. There is a larger picture here than the existence of child-prostitution gangs. That's the proper focus to understand the ascendance of Tommy Robinson and those who will replace him after the state eliminates him.

Anonymous said...

According to the post above the government covered up illegal activity by religious people. That happens every day in the U.S. except that the government is covering up for illegal activity by Christians rather than Muslims.

I just don't understand why it is worse because the particular religion in this case is Muslims rather than Christians.

I see people in America elected to high office who openly say that everyone in the U.S. should be forced to be Christians. They say that the reason for all the problems in the U.S. are because we haven't been forcing all of the Jewish, Muslim, atheist and all other non Christian children to pray to Jesus every morning in school.

I am appalled by the rampant sexual abuse reported here. I just don't believe that organized sexual abuse by Muslims being covered up by the government is any worse than the organized sexual abuse by Christians being covered up by local governments all over the U.S.

Look at the Catholic Church sexual abuse scandal. There are solid records that show that this type of behavior has been going on for over a thousand years within the Catholic church. The church is still protecting people who sexually abused children to this day.

The behavior you have reported can be seen in many, many fundamentalist Christian churches around the world. I'm not saying that the behavior is good. I am saying that the behavior is bad whether or not it is Muslim or Christian. This type of behavior in Christians is ignored and covered up by the same people who are openly and loudly appalled when they see it in Muslims.

The U.S. is gradually succumbing to an imperialist supremacist totalitarian ideology as well. The U.S. version is run by Christians who want to make the U.S. a theocratic dictatorship with religion replacing science in school. Where everyone has a choice of converting to an approved Christian sect or getting the hell out of the country. If you read what people like Betsy Devos or Mike Pence have said and it is clear they are working to make the U.S. a theocratic nation much like Saudi Arabia except that the religion is Christianity.

Scenario

Fred said...

If only I could speak my mind the way scenario does. If only we all could. No personal attacks, no hyperbole, just rational facts.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Fred.

I am clearly a liberal and atheist. But my complaints aren't against the run of the mill conservative or typical religious person, they are against the extremes. I tend to go after the far right in the U.S. because they outnumber the far left in the U.S. by a wide margin and they are currently in power.

The people most likely to use personal attacks, and hyperbole are people on the extreme right and left because they frequently have beliefs that are not backed by any evidence and are well out of the mainstream. If a far right person stands up and publicly says that it is moral to kill all the gay people, it is difficult to morally defend the statement with facts. So what believers do is flood the conversation screaming that their religious liberty is being stepped on. If they scream loud enough and long enough people tend to forget what the conversation was about.

Scenario

Montedoro44 said...

OK guys, you win. Tom's article concerns the British government clampdown on Tommy Robinson, who exposes their negligence in protecting British citizens from crimes committed by Muslims. Your contribution to the discussion is, in a nutshell, Christians and far-righters in the US are worse. So if Tom were to comment on say, ISIS beheading and enslaving people, you will respond that Christians and far-righters in the US are worse. Or if Tom's column concerns how non-Muslims in sharia-controlled countries are treated as 2nd-class citizens, that Christians and far-righters in the US are worse. Or Islamic law permits throwing gay people off the tops of tall buildings . . . but I get it. Very fun, and now I agree with Fred, let's let it go.

Fred said...

No need to twist things before letting it go though...nobody said that radical Christians were worse.

CaptDMO said...

"No hyperbole? Just rational facts"?
I'm not convinced.

I'll dispense with generating my own cheering section, and admiration justification follow up.

Captain Obvious said...

Tom is an ignorant islamophobic hypocrite. That is what his detractors are pointing out. ISIS recently bombed a convention of Moslem clerics in Afghanistan. ISIS does not represent ordinary Moslems and the vast majority in the Islamic world have denounced them over and over. Everything Tom knows about Islam he learned from reading "Jihad Watch" and slumming around with fear-mongering sociopaths like Pamela Geller.

Zev said...

This tommy Robinson is an Israeli Mossad tool. What a joke.
And who cares? I just watched an Israeli sniper shoot a kid and laugh about it on YouTube. And my country supports this? Along with land theft of the worst kind, extreme bullying, not to mention the, cough cough, ethnic cleansing currently being waged.

Let this Zionist stooge rot in jail. And let's worry about fixing our own country instead of being duped by this Muslim fear porn pushed by a pathetic and shameless corporate media, the fourth estate died a long long time ago.

Jason said...

Great site for some real non corporate mainstream perspective. Run by real patriots and war veterans

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/06/12/israeli-stooge-incites-moronic-far-right-scum-stirs-up-anti-muslim-hatred/

Editor’s note: Tommy Robinson, or to use his real name Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, is an utter scumbag, a piece of faecal matter in human form, a traitor to Britain who should be thrown in a cell to rot for the rest of his natural life.

Yaxley-Lennon is a Jew working for Israel to destabilise British society by stirring up the moronic far-right fringe of the white population, playing on their latent racism and xenophobia. His particular target is the Muslim population of Britain, he incites violence against innocent Muslim citizens and spreads the most foul and untruthful hate propaganda against them.

This is a man who uses a pseudonym that refers to the nickname of the WW1 British soldier in an attempt to appeal to the patriotism of the knuckledragging, inbred white scum that form his support base.

In reality, he is a Jewish thug, crook and swindler, a man convicted of appalling violence against women on more than one occasion and with further convictions for a variety of other offences including large scale fraud in partnership with a female member of the Rothschild family.

It makes my blood boil that he has been able to fool so many of the low-IQ, ignorant, bigotted morons that I sadly have to admit are my fellow countrymen. The utter failure of the British media to expose the truth about this shitbag says a lot about where their loyalties lie. Ian]