Thursday, October 24, 2019

Left & Right October 23, 2019




Newspaper publisher Mark Guerringue again sits in the left chair and we open with a question from the producer about whether President Trump has improperly profited from his business enterprises as president. I cite the now-dropped plan to use Trump's Doral facility for a G-7 meeting, a resort that has been losing money of late. I question whether Trump meant to let it be used free to taxpayers as he said. Mark cites a Washington Post story of 2500 instances where Trump has profited from government using his facilities worldwide, and that his sons are making plans for future resorts in Asia post-presidency. Mark raises a recent statement by former Ambassador William Taylor, who claims in an opening statement before his secret testimony to Adam Schiff's committee that there was a quid pro quo between Trump and the Ukrainian president. Not having read the 15-page Taylor statement, I question him about details. Mark said I" took my eye off the ball" and I asked what ball? I said the ball his eye seems to be on is getting rid of Trump and I see this Taylor statement as another in a series of "We got him now!" efforts to bring Trump down ever since his inauguration. Mark sums that up as old conspiracy theories. I see Trump's experience dealing with corrupt politicians in NYC as good background enabling him to deal with strongmen in the world. Mark suggested that I think "Cozying up to all the dictators in the world is good foreign policy." I respond that any US leader has to deal with scumbags and sometimes "cozy up" to them to get things done. It's the nature of the job. My stated position is that I agree with what Trump is doing domestically and in foreign policy. Compared to what the Democrat candidates want to do, I'm still with Trump in spite of his sometimes obnoxious behavior. I suggest that Mark looks at most recent political events in the context of getting rid of Trump. He says he isn't. He says there are clear reasons to impeach him: non-cooperation with the House impeachment efforts, emoluments, Ukrainian things, etc. Mark said I look at conspiracy theory web sites and get obscure information that supports my political views. I say I look at lots of web sites, including the ones he looks at but he only visits the ones that support his world views and not sites that offer contradictory information. With five minutes left, we take the second question from the producer: "Which candidates gave the strongest and weakest performances in the most recent Democrat debate?" Having only seen parts of it, I suggest that Buttageig gave a strong performance and Biden gave a weak one, that he's never seemed a very bright guy and now seems to be more and more confused about what he's saying, and maybe he's in the early stages of dementia. Mark saw little of it too, but he thinks Amy Klobuchar and Pete Buttegeig did well. He doesn't think Biden has dementia. "I think Biden's always been Biden," and he thinks the primary process pushes Democrats to the left and Republicans to the right. I close with the 2200 dead babies found by an abortionist from South Bend clinics that Mayor Pete didn't mention for over a month. That the abortionist was an admirer of Adolph Hitler. Mark hadn't heard about it and I said that was because his web sites avoid those issues. He asked why I think they'd avoid the Nazi angle. I suggested that it was because Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger had views on eugenics similar to Hitler's and media would avoid mentioning abortion in that context.



10 comments:

Kafir said...

Mark, like most political junkies on the Left, is guilty of confirmation bias. Doubt that he would agree though.

A discussion is warranted about the 7 year old boy in Texas, James Younger, whose mother wants her son to undergo chemical castration and be allowed to transition to a girl. Seems to me that this is child abuse. As with nearly all Leftist agenda items, such as the non passage of an anti-FGM bill in Maine for example, I find the Dems to be culturally suicidal....on purpose.

“The issue is never the issue, the issue is always the [Marxist] revolution.”

Uber_Fritz said...

On the issue in Texas with James Younger, these parents should not be permitted to make a decision. A Guardian Ad Litem should be appointed in lieu of the parents.

Reality Check said...

I wonder if your stating as a matter of fact that the abortion Dr. was an admirer of Hitler came from him discussing his sins and saying “I guess I’m gonna go to the heaven of Hitler and Stalin.”

That seems like pretty shaky evidence to base such a nasty claim on.

Tom McLaughlin said...

The information about Klopfer's Hitler obsession comes from someone who interviewed him before he died. See here: https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/09/25/documentary-ulrich-klopfer-fetal-remains/

The filmmaker was interviewed by Glenn Beck on his program. That interview is the source of my information.

CaptDMO said...

...and I asked "What ball?"
Oooo, THAT's gonna leave a "Beg the question" welt.

Tom McLaughlin said...

To Kafir and Uber Fritz:

I raised the issue of the "transgender" child in Texas on two earlier shows. It was in my show prep for this one too, but time ran out. Very bizarre situation.

Reality Check said...

Tom, I read the whole link that was the source of your information and watched the video as well. There was absolutely no mention of Hitler and certainly no hint of Klopfer admiring him. I am very confused as how that could possibly have led you to make such an accusation.

Tom McLaughlin said...

If you read my comment above, you'd see:

"The filmmaker was interviewed by Glenn Beck on his program. That interview is the source of my information."

I heard the information on Glenn Beck's show when he interviewed the filmmakers. I posted the link so you'd know there were people who interviewed the abortionist before he died.

Reality Check said...

So it seems that you are taking an interview which showed no evidence of Klopfler admiring Hitler, then sending it through the Glenn Beck Spin Machine, before putting it out yourself as a matter of fact that he "was an admirer of Adolph Hitler." Thank you for clarifying your methods. It would have been much more convincing though had the interview revealed a quote along the lines of how Klopfler thought there were "very fine people on both sides", on the side of the concentration camp prisoners and on the side of the Nazi camp workers.

Brian said...

It was pretty obvious the reaction Trump was going to get when he faced a large crowd of average Americans and not the bubble enclosed environment of one of his rallies!

The old "lock her up" chant turned into a big karma sized bite on his own ass!